From:
Tracie Kay Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:05:50 -0600
Lisa-
I currently chair own Sites Division Collections Committee.  The
Committee is comprised of the curators of Collections from each site.
 The Committee is responsible for approving all acquisitions, loans, and
transfers.  The committee also approved any recommended deaccession (but
we do not have the last word, after our approval the Division
Administrator must approve and then the Board of Curators) The committee
is also responsible for developing scopes of collections for the sites,
recommending policy changes and updates, developing object usage
guidelines, and making/helping with  organization issues associated with
collections.

The committee generally meets 6-8 times each year and correcspondes
regularily by e-mail.  We usually act as a sounding board and advise
panel for each other to assist with our day to day responsiblilities as
needed.  Ususally everyone works on there own and brings questions, new
information/discoveries, issues, and trainings to the meetings to share.
 We generally do not have much influence on our day to day activities or
work planning.  The committee does set policy with Board approval that
we must follow and does occasionally work on Division wide initatives
that might affect your work plan but that is all.

I hope this helps with your question. Please feel free to contact me if
I can be of more assistance.
Tracie Evans
Curator of Collections
WHS Historic Sites Division Registrar