Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 15:10:32 -0500
We use MiniCad here at the Missouri Historical Society.  We have found it to
be versital and powerful.  One of the most compelling reasons for our using
the program was it's ability to take a 2-D drawing and create a 3-D model.
 The modeling isn't extremely sophisticated, but if you want to get a sense
of the space or object, it will do the job.

Text handling isn't as sophisticated as Illustrator or Quark.  But for
placement, it's fine.

We have used the program on PowerMacs, Quadras, and even for a while on a
LCIII.  It is also available now for Windows.

The learning curve can be a bit steep especially for the 3D operations.  If
you can find a group of people in your area using the program, then you have
a resource for quick questions and suggestions.

Whitney Watson
Exhibitions Designer