From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:47:41 -0800
Patricia,

In challenging financial times, you do what you have
to do to maintain your mission, or in this case, to
maintain the missions of both institutions.

In the 1990s, I was a Life Trustee with the Andrew
Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall in Carnegie,
Pennsylvania; the Library includes a small Civil War
Museum. During my five-year tenure on the Board of
Trustees, the Library almost closed twice, due to
financial problems. However, we were able to keep the
Library open, and today the Library is in better [if
not great] shape, financially.

I am happy to hear that you are thinking about a way
of maintaining both institutions. I would just hope
that if either the Library or the Museum is in a
historic facility, you would find some way to maintain
that important history.

gaw