From:
Jamilyn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:45:44 -0500
While I was at the Loudon Museum, we had an evening lecture on the topics of
slave quilts. I had heard  Jacqueline L. Tobin speak about her book, Hidden
in Plain View : A Secret Story of Quilts and the Underground Railroad and
invited two local experts to speak on the topic. While this is still
disputed by some in the historical community it was lively evening with good
attendance and great discussion. We have a large quilting community in
Loudon so it was especially well received with them. We did not present it
as the gospels truth but rather a possibility. The two local experts played
off each other and one offered more of a skeptics view than the other.
Please let me know if you'd like any other information.

Jamilyn Cole
former Director of Education and Public Programs at the Loudon Museum

Camp and Camp-in Manager
Exploris

Direct Phone: (919) 857-1062
Camps Hotline: (919) 857-1040
Fax: (919) 834-3516

Camp-in and Girl Scout program registration for 2005-2006 is now underway.
For more information or to register, please visit
http://www.exploris.org/learn/camps/camp-in.html.

Exploris
201 E. Hargett
Raleigh, NC 27601
Exploris is the world's first interactive museum about the world dedicated
to engaging people in our changing and interconnected world.

Your Exploris Experience includes:
Daily Museum Programming
IMAX films
More information can be found at www.exploris.org .