From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:29:53 -0800
TYPE OF MENTOR SOUGHT:
One who understands how hard it is to break into the
museums field and doesn't want to see this fine young
person lose the dream.  This can also mean one who has
empathy for her parents who want to see their hard
work in raising such a wonderful professional come to
fruition.

AND/OR

One with a background in Museum Education, or Art
History.

AND/OR

One in the geographic proximity of between NY and VA,
extended to between MA and NC, who can help to open
doors and make suggestions/introductions

CONTACT MIEKE BY EMAIL AT:

MEET MIEKE L. FAY

Hi!  My name is Mieke (mee' kah) Fay.  I graduated in
1999 with a Bachelor's in Art History and Museum
Studies, and in '00 with a degree in History.  In July
2001, I completed my Master's in Museum Education and
I have been job searching unsuccessfully since then.

I am currently located in the DC area.

Ideally I would like to be working in a museum in
their education department.  I am currently working
part-time at the Decatur House Museum, doing
scheduling for the guide shifts and special events.  I
also work about four days a month at The Octagon as a
Visitor Services
Representative.

These are not paying the bills, and my parents have
been more than generous to this point.  My ideal
job does not seem to exist in the geographic region I
desire (between NY and VA, extended to between MA and
NC), so I've been using the Idealist postings and
applying for anything for which I feel I'm qualified.

By April, if nothing comes up, I'll have to return
home to temp or secretary to save money.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414