Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:14:00 EST
   TIIAP is a program of the Department of Commerce, really called the
   Telecommunications Infrastructure and something something something.
   It is money for grants to develop access to the Information
   Superhighway (a Gore favorite term which has, thankfully, subsided).
   Two museum related groups have been funded from this, the first CIMI,
   I don't know much about.  The second, NatureNet, is a group of museums
   with natural history collections (including The New York Botanical
   Garden).  The funding we received is part of a collaborative effort to
   provide international access to our collections.

   Eric Siegel