From:
Heather McClenahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:13:02 -0600
Amanda,
    Speaking as a former stay-at-home mom, I'd say this sounds like a
great idea. 2.5 hours is probably too long, though. Depending on the
age of the kid(s), 1 to 1.5 hours would be more realistic. Does your
community have a Moms of Preschoolers (MOPS) group? If so, you could
meet with moms there to gauge the interest. The difficult part could
be the kids. You don't want your volunteer's child(ren) running around
causing problems while she is trying to work. However, if you got
enough volunteers, you might be able to set up a sort of sharing
system where one mom watched the kids (either on or off site) while
another worked at the museum and then they switch.
    Good luck,
Heather McClenahan, museum assistant/web master
Los Alamos Historical Society
http://www.losalamoshistory.org
PO Box 43
1050 Bathtub Row (Note: same location, new address)
Los Alamos, NM 87544
505-662-6272 (office)
505-470-2912 (cell)