From:
"PROTT L. MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:50:30 +0100
--- Reçu de       CLT.CCPRO (1)456-84440                    97-04-02 12:43

For Carol Mayer

Dear Ms. Mayer,

Your request for information was passed to me by Jane Sledge of the Getty
Art Information Programme.

I was interested in your request for information on a possible rongo-rongo
tablet.  I would suggest that you get in touch with Joanne van Tilburg, who
is an expert on the cionography of Easter island. You might also contact
Georgia Lee.  They are both at the University of California at Los Angeles.
 Professor Solheim, of the University of Hawaii, is also an expert for this
culture.

I have also been working for some years with an indigenous Easter islander
named Piru Hucke Atan who has made a catalogue of Easter Island artefacts
in European museums.  She is presently on Easter island and can be
contacted at the following address:

Ida Luz Hucke-Atan
Te Hoe Manu
Isla de Pascua
Chili

She speaks Spanish and has a good knowledge of French but no English.  She
knows Ms. van Tilburg very well.

I hope that this may help.

Lyndel V. Prott