From:
Eric Espig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:45:48 -0500
To Katherine Haas,

I am curious as we are planning our mp3 player audio tour, how you organize the media for the visitors.

is it one long audio file? or do you break it up into smaller tracks? that seems like the best way but then how do you connect the audio to the visitors surroundings and make it easily accessible and "on demand" for the visitor? Without the luxury of a punch in code-style standard audio guide unit.

I am thinking the easiest way would to be to create an m3u file for download and then simply keep the names of the tracks as 1,2,3,4 ..... and putting numbered signs beside the corresponding area of the building and on the visitor map.

Also, do you provide a media centre for people to download the audio on site or is it all web based?

Also, what do you do for earphones - hygienic concerns - disposable, washable/reusable, or replacement foam pads etc...

really any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Eric Espig
Manager of Programs