From:
Carrie Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:41:25 -0700
I agree with the other people who responded to this message that an
undergrad degree in m.s. would probably not be the best way to go, BUT for
students who are interested in museums and would like to go to a smaller
college, I would suggest checking out Beloit College in WI. The program
there is a minor, so you have to major in a subject area. There are two
museums on campus (anthro and art), one of which just underwent a major
(millions and millions of $$) renovation. Students get LOTS of hands-on
experience, and as much interaction with the faculty as they want (small
place). I am in grad school now, and a lot of what I am doing here is the
same as what I did there. If you are interested, the museums have a
website which you can find through //www.beloit.edu