Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:43:24 +0100
Fellow listers:

I am chairing a panel discussion on collaboration & partnerships for the
upcoming state museum conference and thought I would enlist your help.
Please share a story, happy or sad, success or failure, about
collaborations with other instiutions.  They need not be other museums--if
you collaborated with a business or another not-for-profit--I would like to
hear that story too.  And finally, what are the two or three biggest
factors in creating  succesful collaborations/partnerships?  What are the
biggest factors that lead to their failur (or rather I should say "lack of
success")?

You can reply to the list or to me personally at

Thanks for your help.  I can't wait to hear your stories!

Jay Smith
Executive Director
Reno County Museum
Hutchinson, Kansas