From:
Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 20:00:37 -0700
So let's see if I've got this right.  The ca. $700 digital cameras are not
adequate for high quality color print work, enlargements, etc., but at
least some responders are finding them adequate for on-screen work.  My
understanding is that most screens are something like 72 dpi; aren't
"640x480 or 800x600" measures of screen size rather than resolution?

Incidentally, I was astonished to find some very acceptable Web pictures
are the result of the little throw-away cameras that are not much more than
a lens and film in a cardboard box.  Again, they wouldn't enlarge worth a
darn, probably, or be suitable for fine printing, but they look better
on-screen than a lot of what I've seen on the Web.

Tom V.

Tom Vaughan                    \_   Cultural
The Waggin' Tongue             \_    Resource
[log in to unmask]             \_     Management,
[log in to unmask]               \_       Interpretation,
11795 County Road 39.2                \_       Planning, &
Mancos, CO 81328 USA                    \_       Training
      (970) 533-1215