From:
Laura Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:35:00 -0400
     To all,

     I attended the "Titanic" show in Boston.  The artifacts on display
     were the same ones featured in the Discovery Channel book (can't
     recall the exact title at the moment).  I too was disappointed that
     there were not more artifacts although I did enjoy seeing the ones
     they had.  As for the grand staircase room and promenade deck -- these
     things were not in the exhibit I attended.  Too bad!  The scale model
     was which was pretty cool.  Perhaps some things were removed due to
     the size of the hall.  Anyway... just wanted to warn people that what
     Delecia saw may not be the same at all venues.  I did not have any
     problems with lines at the Boston venue.  I got my tickets in advance
     for a hefty $17 I think, but there were no lines when I got there or
     any problems getting tickets like at the Van Gough show here in
     Washington, DC.

     Laura

     ------------------------------

     Suitcases, watches, haircombs, dishes, crystal, letters, etc.  all
     types of things. Plus they have recreated some of the rooms from the
     ship.
     They have the grand staircase room with its rich paneled walls, a
     portion of the promenade deck with cold air blowing from a darkened
     area beyond the rail to give the experience of the cold night, a full
     size propellor, a scale model (an entire room) that shows how the
     wreck lies at the bottom of the ocean.  Please don't let all the
     Titanic hype surrounding the movie keep you away.  I went to see this
     exhibit on the day Princess Diana died (gives an interesting answer to
     the "Where were you. . ." question.  Therefore, I saw the exhibit
     before the movie came out.  For those who enjoyed the movie, this
     exhibit will be a thrill.
     For those who enjoy a good museum exhibit this will satisfy.  So I
     suggest you take some of that "valuable" time and visit a wonderful
     exhibit, they've done enought without be "too much".

     Delecia Huitt