From:
"J. Trant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 12:21:30 -0500
With several colleagues, I am working on an analytical
bibliography of sources available on CD-Rom which are of interest
to the Arts (so far, broadly defined to include Design and architecture,
but not the humanities). This will appear in a special technology
issue of _Art Documentation_ (published the Art Libraries Society of North
America) planned for Fall 1994. The deadline for the text is 1
June 1994.

I have been monitoring several lists (including CAAH, VRA-L,
ARLIS-L and MUSEUM-L) and saving references to titles as they
appear. I also made a comprehensive tour of publishers at ARLIS
and CAA this spring to see what was available. I know of _CD-Roms
in print_ and CD-Rom Librarian_; are there other print sources
that should be surveyed? Are there titles that haven't been
mentioned recently that I should know about?

Of interest now are titles that are under development, and soon to
be released. If publication is planned for 1994 I would like to
include such discs in the bibliography.

If you have a title you would like included, please forward the
following information to me as soon as possible:

Developer/author:

Title:

Publisher:

Publication Place:

Publication Date:

Format:

System requirements:

If there is a description available of the contents, please
include this as well.

Send your description in an e-mail message with the subject "ART on
CD-Rom" to me personally, [log in to unmask] Please do not reply to the
list as I might miss your message.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll let you know when the
article appears, and if the editor agrees, make the text available
electronically.

Jennifer.

J. Trant
Consultant
Arts Information Management
48 Wolverleigh Blvd,                Phone: (416) 462 9404
Toronto, ON M4J 1R7                 Fax:   (416) 462 0960
Canada                              Email: [log in to unmask]