From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:06:33 -0400
Our museum has an ample genealogical library and we allow visitors to
research under loose supervision.  However, we are in no position to do the
work "for" them.  The example of a Civil War rifle used by Pvt. John Doe
comes up occasionally, and sometimes having that last name will lead us to a
particular set of records, starting with the accession file.

We do whatever we can to help, but we have no one with the time to conduct
the actual research that would be necessary in this case.  Pointing visitors
in the right direction, if we can, seems to be all they require and are
quite happy with that.  It has helped us obtain new members from coast to
coast and in Canada.

Ross Weeks Jr.
Tazewell, Va.