Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 09:19:27 -0500
Amalyah wrote:

<<What kind of audio, video & film holdings: produced by whom? Your museum?
Other copyright holders?

The issue isn't "commercial purposes" or "non-profit institution."  The issue
is copyright: who owns the rights to the material?  You cannot license what
is not legally yours.>>

I'm sorry, perhaps I should have been more clear in my initial message.  I
meant to ask specifically about material the museum owns the rights to (as is
the case for the bulk of our collection).  Obviously, for the material we do
not own the rights to, the question answered for us.

Thanks!
Megan
Registrar, The Sixth Floor Museum