From:
Lori Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:39:33 -0500
Christian,
Thank you for the McVeigh analogy.  I, too, would like to know how others
tackle this issue with both adults and children.  I have just had to tackle
it myself with an adult.  All I could come up with (besides McVeigh) was
that the Taliban is a political regime and that while they are Muslim, not
all Muslims support the Taliban (or Osama Bin Laden, et al).  I likened the
situation to Pat Roberson being elected US President.  Just because he is a
Christian, doesn't mean all Christians in this country share his beliefs and
views.  People here forget we have separation of Church and State.  Many
Middle Eastern countries do not.  That is a large part of the problem.

Lori Allen,
Grad Student, UMSL