From:
Margaret Hayon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:11:04 +0200

> More likely a new slogan for those spraying grafitti on walls:
>
>         "FREE WINNIE THE POOH!
>         (with every 24-pack of Bud)"
>
> Patrick Boylan

I agree, and add my voice:  FREE WINNIE THE POOH!
(even without the bribe!)

I speak as a true expatriate Brit, having served my native country on
various foreign shores... (Gilbert and Sullivan expressed it very well,
sorry I forget the exact source, goes something like this: "Despite all
temptations / to belong to foreign nations / he remains an ENGLISHMAN!")

Pooh Bear, Eeyore, Piglet ... the fabric of my childhood memories... I
still recall the closing sentence of one of the books, when Christopher
Robin went away to school:  [Please correct me if I got the quote wrong]
.. "... and somewhere in a forest at the top of the world, a small boy
and his bear will always be playing"!

                FREE WINNIE THE POOH!

Nostalgically,

Margaret (born in Bristol, England; presently living in Haifa, Israel)