From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:30:19 -0500
December Warren wrote asking for information on campaign fundraising packets
etc relating to getting a new building.

The Canadian War Museum in Ottawa Canada, has been fundraising for a new
building for several years now, and I am pleased to say that thanks to our
Friends Organization and some strong political lobbying we are getting our
building! In fact tomorrow they pour the last of the structural concrete. We
start moving in this time next year and are due to open on the 8th of May
2005.

Our Friends of the Canadian War Museum have a web site devoted to the
fundraising effort - there may be something on the site that would be of
assistance.
www.passingthetorch.ca/indexeng.html

And for those interested to learn about our new building (museum and storage
facility) you can go to our website at www.warmuseum.ca and clic on
"Building the new Canadian War Museum", on this link you will find the
background history, the directors message, the look and layout of the new
building, press releases, how to make a donation etc, and you can go to our
live construction web cam.  or you can go directly to the building the new
museum at http://www.civilization.ca/cwm/new/ca_indexe.html. And of course
on our home page is a link to the passing the torch campaign as well.

I hope that there is something on these pages that will help.

Carol Reid
Collections Manager, Archives
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,