From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:07:49 -0400
I wonder why you're having so much difficulty finding these resources.

You can order the following directly from the Illinois Heritage
Association. Their web site is: http://illinoisheritage.prairienet.org/

O'Rourke, E. "Collections Storage Reorganization." Illinois Heritage
Association Technical Insert (July-Aug. 1995)

Gill, K.R. and M.T.Sarna.  "Moving Large Objects."  Illinois Heritage
Association Technical Insert (Mar-Apr. 1995)

This publication (Registrars on Record) should be available in the AAM
bookstore www.aam-us.org

Geyer, G.H.  "Moving Imagery:  Collections Management during a Museum
Move" in Registrars on Record (AAM, 1988).

As should this: Gurian, E., ed.  Institutional Trauma:  Major Change in
Museums and its Effect on Staff.  (AAM, 1995)

for back issues of journals published by professional associations, why
don't you contact them directly?

Mountain Plains Museum Association's address is:
http://www.mountplainsmuseums.org

You might contact Larry Francell, the author, directly. He's the director
of the Museum of the Big Bend in Alpine Texas. (Francell, L.  "Planning
for the Move of a Museum Collection" Mountain-Plains Museum Association
Technical Leaflet series, No. 4. Pt. 1&2 (1996).)

Australia registrars: http://amol.org.au/arc/

I imagine this'll get you started.

Diane Gutenkauf