From:
"Tom D. Bennett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:04:19 -0800
In the last three days I have recieved no less than six examples of the
virus in various forms, from different sources.

This is a nasty little variant of the I LoveYou virus that instantly selects
some of your address files and sends itself out.  It also has the capacity
to shut down your antivirus and make updates impossible.  Further, the virus
can and likely will change your internet settings in Outlook and Outlook
Express.

I have the security patch from Microsoft, but it did nothing to prevent
getting this one.  The virus can also get by many antivirus programs.

The only means of ridding yourself of it is to use "fixklez" from Symantec,
that I've found, then update your scan engines immediatly.  Start here:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/ if you don't have updated protection.  It's
free.

Fixklez, from symantec, can be downloaded for free here:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.too
l.html

Bear in mind that you must run Fizklez from Safemode first, then run it
again in Windows to be sure it's gone.