From:
Karen Hassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:49:58 -0500
John,

We have exposed concrete walls in our museum. Fortunatly, our walls have regularly spaced holes (about 24" apart) that were part of the casting process. If your walls are like that, you can use threaded inserts that are made for concrete to create situation where you can hang the picture. We are often challenged with needing to cover the concrete with plywood in order use the wall for display. Maybe  you can drop steel hanging strips from the ceiling joists or some other structure in the ceiling?

If you have to use a stand, I would recommend one that would be able to accommodate several sand bags. - and still try to tether it to some part of the building.

I would be glad to talk to you off line. There are a few ways to do this, with out using an easel.

Karen Hassel
Ohio Historical Society