From:
Amy Bissonette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:22:48 -0700
I agree with Merri.  I have been on this list for a
couple of years.  I mostly lurk and only respond when
I feel compelled to.  My repsonses have gotten me
flack, support and everything in between. I will say,
however, that this thread has come up several times
since I joined this list and I am still amazed at the
outrage it stirs in some people.  I hold a small
position in a big museum and I am not 22...but I still
need guidance at times.  I don't understand why some
people feel it is so awful/immature/inappropriate to
ask for help.  Why do people have a hard time passing
along their knowledge?  Are they threatened?  This is
a hard field, and not always as rewarding as I had
hoped.  Most of the time it is, but sometimes it is
not.  Why make it more difficult by turning on each
other?  Just my two cents......