From:
Art Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:03:49 -0700
What might be interesting, however, is a presentation on the differences
between inquiry-based and authority-based belief systems. We hear a lot
about different world views, but I'm not much convinced that either
groups truly understand what the other's world view is nor why each
group is impervious to the arguments of the other. Such a presentation
is unlikely to change anyone's mind, but might be of considerable help
in understanding where people are coming from.

Art Harris

--
Laboratory for Environmental Biology, Centennial Museum
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX  79968-0915