From:
"Panza, Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:39:04 -0400
This is not what is usually meant by "pork barrel".  Those are usually
projects of no use outside of the local area.  Museums are for the education
of all and sundry (and can often be a means of attracting outsiders).  As
such, they are of use to the country--much more so than many pork barrel
projects, IMO.

Robin K Panza                         [log in to unmask]
Collection Manager, Section of Birds          ph:  412-622-3255
Carnegie Museum of Natural History       fax: 412-622-8837
4400 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh  PA  15213-4008  USA