From:
Patricia Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 21:04:49 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>
           [log in to unmask] "Matthew White" writes:

> ...  The idea was put forth to use robotic, lifelike manekins to give
> pre-recorded speeches and answer pre-canned answers to visitor's
> questions. ...

I wouldn't put historic costume on a _moving_ manequins for one of the
reasons I wouldn't put it on myself: moving can put strains on the
fabric.  At least the manequin can't sweat.  But does it get hot?

Personally, I find these things a bit embarrasing, a hallmark of
the more money than sense tourist attraction.  That's probably just me.
There are probably those who hate interactive videos and audios,
which I like, providing they don't carry the main weight of the
exhibition.

--
Patricia Reynolds