From:
Sabrina Henneman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:19:47 -0400
I realize this isn't an archives list, but I'm hoping someone out there
is an archivist can answer a quick question to someone who is doing
their best with archives.

Do I sort correspondence by author or by who received the letter?

For example, I have family records in which a brother and sister
corresponded. My series are sorted by family member (one series for
Micah, one for Catharine, etc.) So whose series do letters by Micah to
Catharine go in? I am leaning towards keeping letters with the author's
series.

Note, I don't think I want to sort by document type (correspondence,
deeds, etc.) because if someone wants to research the family, it would
be by person most likely.

Thanks!

Sabrina Henneman
Registrar