From:
Melanie Solomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 11:41:09 -0400
I haven't worked on such a partnership, but saw one at F.A.O. Schwarz toy
store in Manhattan.  The store has a section or two that feature toys
designed around/for the American Museum of Natural History, and even has a
dinosaur bone on display (I assume it is a real bone) from the museum
collection.

I was a bit taken aback by this at first, because I hadn't encountered
anything like it.  But I thought it was a great way for the museum to make
some money and to "advertise" while also allowing a prominent toy store to
use the museum's name and reputation.

The attraction-display moneymaker that I'm always amazed at is the Planet
Hollywood restaurant.  I don't think a week goes by that I don't see at least
two T.V. segments on some stars or other donating stuff from their recent
movies...

Melanie Solomon