From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 13:48:52 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-29 18:03:35 EST, [log in to unmask] (Beverly Serrell)
writes:

>Some of the reasons I have encountered for why there are no credit panels in
>exhibitions to acknowledge who did what include:  1.  We couldn't list
>everyone's name and we didn't want to leave anyone out so we didn't put
>anything up.  2.  We didn't have room/time/money.  3.  It is the museum's
>policy not to single out any one person for special recognition because
>everyone, in some way, helped.  4.  Doesn't everybody know that the curator
>was responsible for it all?
>There are probably many others.

Our Board just told us that staff should not be listed on our travelling
exhibit credit panel because the paycheck we receive every two weeks is what
we get for having worked on the exhibit. Love that community spirit!!

- Adrienne