Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 06:50:00 GMT
> We have an exhibit which will be up for another two years.
> We are looking for ways to make cases more resistant to
> dust infiltration.  The cases are large, floor-standing
> style cases with glass fronts.  The opening height is 7'
> and varies in width.  The principal entrance of dust into
> the cases is from the gap between the glass panels.
>
> Any recommendations for ways to seal those gaps with an
> average width of 1/4"?    Some space must be maintained
> between the glass in order to remove the panels for access
> to the case interiors.

We had some mineral display cases with too many gaps to effectively seal.
Instead we installed muffin fans, blowing *in* to the cases, and covered
the inlet with dust filters.  The positive air pressure inside the case
was enough to keep most dust from entering the gaps around the glass in
front.  Had to remember to clean the filters ever now and then, though.

|--RichC-------------------------Interfacing is Easy--|
[log in to unmask] Takes a Lifetime--|