From:
Amy Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:46:19 -0400
Hi-
I wondered the same thing (what should a photo waiver say?)  when I first
came on board here and was preparing a brochure for History Day that
featured photos with student participants.  After some guidance from this
list and looking at other examples, we have parents and students sign the
following short waiver.  I really don't know how well this would hold up
legally if someone were to challenge it, but it was an improvement over what
we had before (nothing!).  I welcome feedback.

Best,
Amy Cunningham
Director of Education
Vermont Historical Society

Vermont Historical Society
PHOTO WAIVER FORM

I hereby authorize the Vermont Historical Society, as the sponsors of
Vermont History Day, to take and use photographs, video tape or any other
form of written or audio visual record of my participation in this program.
I give my permission for these images to be used for publicity or for use in
programs for future events.

PARTICIPANT SIGNATURE

DATE SIGNED

PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE (IF A MINOR)