From:
Cindy Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:29:29 -0500
We have an area called the Kemper Creative Learning Studio that has padded
theatre chairs set at an angle (like stadium seating) with a large open
"stage" area that can be used in a variety of ways.

A large table on casters is plumbed for water & compressed air (no gas). We
roll it into the middle for presentations or leave it off to the side. We
have many ways to project images and such from a projection room. We have
cameras in the ceiling with high zoom capability so close-up images of a
presentation can be projected onto a large screen for the audience or
recorded for broadcast television.

The studio/theatre has the capacity for 140 people and is located in the
middle of our exhibit building. We use it for every single school visit for
"teachable moments". This summer we're using it for day-long workshops
during the week as well as short workshops on Saturdays.

If you'd like to know more about this area, contact Steve Kimball, our
School & Group Experiences Developer. He practically lives in the studio and
would love to help you know more about it. His email address is
[log in to unmask] and his phone number is 316-266-4277. If you need
technical information about our facilities, contact Marty Sigwing, our
Director of Exhibits and Tech Services, at [log in to unmask] and
316-266-4234.

I hope that helps.

Cindy Stanford
Content Developer
Exploration Place
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
300 North McLean Blvd.
Wichita, KS 67203 USA
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
(316) 266-4208 Phone
(316) 263-4545 Fax
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
www.exploration.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message from Exploration Place, Inc. contains information which is
privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please destroy it
immediately and please notify us immediately at 316-263-3373. Thank you.