Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:34:55 -0400
Dear Colleagues:

At the American Association of Museums Annual Meeting in Philadelphia,
Marsha Semmel and I, Co-chairs of the upcoming ArtTable Study on
Women; Philadelphia Art Museum Interim Director, Gail Harrity, and
Dena Muller, Executive Director of ArtTable will be presenting a session
entitled, "Women in Leadership:  Changes in Museum and Arts
Management," on Saturday, May 2 at 2 pm (location in final AAM program).

The AAM session will be a preliminary discussion on a range of topics -
education and mentoring; entry into the field and career paths;
retention, compensation and job satisfaction - and a prelude to
ArtTable's upcoming study on the status of women's roles in the
visual arts professions.  This study will seek to address key challenges
in the workforce, the mechanisms that perpetuate gender bias and
the need to move the discussion from anecdotal evidence into
statistical and analytical examination.

We are looking forward to this timely and provocative discussion and
hope that you will be able to join us. If you cannot make the session,
let me know if you'd like to meet any time during the Annual Meeting.
I would very pleased to see you and learn more about your current
projects.  Please call me at the office number below before April 30,
or at mobile number 646.413.8529 in Philadelphia.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

All best, Geri

Geri Thomas, President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
6 East 39th Street
New York, NY 10016
P. 212.779.7059
F. 212.779.7096
www.artstaffing.com

About Thomas & Associates, Inc. / artstaffing.com
With offices in New York City and Chicago, Thomas & Associates, Inc.
is an innovative firm that offers staffing, consulting, and professional
development workshops for museums, galleries and arts and culture
businesses nationwide and internationally. The company has recently
launched its career services division to address the needs of arts and
culture professionals everywhere.

For employment opportunities and to subscribe to the quarterly
newsletter, Art Career News, visit www.artstaffing.com.