From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 00:33:24 -0500
Patricia Reynolds wrote,

>I wouldn't put historic costume on a _moving_ manequins for one of the
>reasons I wouldn't put it on myself: moving can put strains on the
>fabric.  At least the manequin can't sweat.  But does it get hot?

A couple of other people mentioned this concern in private postings.
Allow me to assure everyone that we will not put historic costumes on
moving manekins.  As a general rule we do not collect textile artifacts
due to our lack of facilities and expertise for their care.

Matthew A. White
Director of Education
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway