From:
Travis Nygard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:00:00 -0500
To me it seems reasonable to request that personal texting be
restricted to breaks, just like personal phone calls.  I would note
that young people can text at astounding rates, just like they can gab
on the phone at length.  Here is a blip:

"If it seems like American teens are texting all the time, it’s
probably because on average they’re sending or receiving 3,339 texts a
month. That’s more than six per every hour they’re awake – an 8
percent jump from last year. Using recent data from monthly cell phone
bills of more than 60,000 mobile subscribers as well as survey data
from over 3,000 teens, The Nielsen Company analyzed mobile usage data
among teens in the United States for the second quarter of 2010 (April
2010 – June 2010). No one texts more than teens (age 13-17),
especially teen females, who send and receive an average of 4,050
texts per month. Teen males also outpace other male age groups,
sending and receiving an average of 2,539 texts. Young adults (age
18-24) come in a distant second, exchanging 1,630 texts per month (a
comparatively meager three texts per hour)."
http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/u-s-teen-mobile-report-calling-yesterday-texting-today-using-apps-tomorrow/

Travis