From:
Maggie Harrer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:56:44 EDT
Dear Friends,
In cleaning out my mother's attic in Iowa, I've discovered a trunk of 19th C.
clothing - wedding outfits, fans, top hat, etc., complete with what appears
to be Exhibit Labels - so they must have been exhibited somewhere at one time.
Was wondering if there is a museum in Iowa (first choice) or elsewhere that
might have an interest in such clothing? Am going out there this weekend to see
what else is in the trunk.

ALSO, found  a trunk of what appear to be early 20th C. performance programs
- from The Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo to opera and other concerts - many of
which were in Chicago.  I am also going to go through them to see what is there
- but is there a museum that might be interested in this type of collection?

Please contact me either on line or privately if you might be interested in
either collection.

Many thanks,
Maggie Harrer