From:
Sophia C Vackimes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 19:51:44 -0400
I need help on a research project which includes seeking information about
two different sports.
***One an Eastern Asian which involves several
horsemen pulling a beheaded calf out of the ground and competing for
its possesion.
***And another type is a single horseman running his horse
to pull out a chicken out of the ground, this is reported for Mexican
charros  and the Southern United States.
Sources for either might be found from Asia to Turkey,
Spain and into the New World.
One such example is found in the novel THE HORSEMEN.
The data I have shows some activity of this sort among Mongol tribes,
Turkmenistan, all the way to the Anasazi and perhaps s outhern Mexico,
Tzoltil Indians.
Any help on such subjects will be deeply appreciated.
Sophia Vackimes, New York City.  U.S.A.