From:
Allan Mccollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:09:16 EDT
Dear Mr. White,

Thank you so much for the advice and support. I've thought a lot about this
(after all the fuss), and I'll never go the attchment route again. I am
surprised to learn that people automatically download attachments without
knowing what they are. This seems dangerous, considering the virus
possibilities, not to mention a waste of computer network and internet time
and bandwidth. But I hear now that subscribing to the listserve digest
version doesn't allow one any other choice.

I read the lists FAQ before I did it by the way, and there are no list rules
regarding uploading or downloading attachments there. It would have helped if
there were something there.... are you suggesting that there is a list of
rules somewhere other than the FAQ? I would be happy to know where these
are...

Thanks again,

Allan

Museum-L" (without the quotes).