From:
Susan Jacobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 1994 12:52:52 -0400
Hi there!

I reposted Kathy Cochran's request to the VRASP mailing list.
VRASP stands for Virtual Reality Students and Professionals,
and almost everyone on the list uses IBM-based "walkthrough"
programs. This is what they have had to say so far:

**********
Virtus.  It's cheap and easy.  When you add a symbols library,
you go up a big notch in price.  Without a math coprocessor,
tell her to find something engaging to do while waiting hours
for renderings.
**********
Hi There:

Yes there is! The name is 3D- Studio. I live pretty much in the
MAF. You can see me there. Price~$600.

Sincerely,

Marwan Fathallah
**********
Hi,

I would suggest "Virtus Walkthrough" available for the Mac and
IBM. The program is inexpensive and easy to learn. It does have
limitations in that it is slow when you create a path through it
but you can get around that by making a "quicktime" running
version.

Anyway, I have done some modeling using virtus and I was
happy with it other than the speed. It is not as precise as most
of the 3-D CAD systems available. Virtus does have a nice
library of items to choose from and you can resize them. The
newer version offers texture mapping.

Anyway, it is a good start at around $200-300 versus
investing in a 3-D modeling program that takes a lot more
memory than your friend has available.

You can create rooms at any height and do your own vaulted
ceiling with a little practice....

Sharon Davison

Susan Jacobson