Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 12:11:30 -0500
Having just returned from the Museum Store Association annual conference
in Phoenix and having been involved in our gift store since its opening 1
1/2 years ago, I would highly recommend joining the Museum Store
Association. They publish a directory which would be very helpful to you
in locating other museum gift store in your area and interest. The MSA
also offers the EXPO which is a large vendor/buyer arena. I would suggest
attending trade shows - either in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, or San
Francisco and one regional trade show if you buy largely twice a year, as
we do. The MSA offers great support for store managers. They are a great
group of people and are willing to help you in whatever way they are
able.
        Museum Store Association Inc.
        501 S. Cherry Street, Suite 460
        Denver, CO 80222-1325
        Tel. 303-329-6968
        FAX  303-329-6134
They will also be able to tell you about the MSA chapter in your area.
Good luck!

Susan Reed
Indiana University Art Museum
Bloomington, IN 47405