From:
Guha Shankar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:12:20 -0400
Hello,
I just came across this query, being an infrequent peruser of the  list.
The topic, as you know, is quite complex and I won’t send you the caveats – too long  a list – in setting up online resources.

I will say that a purely web-driven approach (sorry if that’s an erroneous assumption) is bound to run into problems. WHY? Because in order to impart to  someone(s) the essential notion of inter-personal,  face-to-face, respectful and careful listening (which IS basis of the oral history method), those would-be interviewers need to learn in precisely that sort of setting BEFORE they go off and  start talking to people.

There are local institutions and trainers who could help you do the above. I can provide a list.

If you are looking for online resources which situate oral history as a _part_ of the fieldwork/ethnographic approach, I invite you to look at this site and guidelines at this site developed at the American Folklife Center, Library of Congress. Full disclosure: I was the principal author of the site and worked with colleagues and faculty members in various field schools across the country in which  I teach, to develop the materials:

http://www.loc.gov/folklife/edresources/ed-trainingdocuments.html

Glad to talk further if you like.
Cheers,
Guha