From:
Jean Nattinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:39:05 -0700
Carrie,

Have you offered the coins and currency to the American Numismatic Association Museum in Colorado Springs, CO?  The ANA offers exhibitions, educational events and more, and might be able to put to good use the items you mention, as well as appropriately preserve them.

Sincerely,

Jean Nattinger

Registrar

Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art

University of Oregon

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:14:52 -0600, Carrie Snow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear List

> We have about 1,350 coins and currency notes that have been approved for deaccession. Large portions consist of coins from the British Empire, Germany, and the US. There are coins and currency from a total of 48 countries or provinces.  The earliest dated are from the 1600's. Some of the unknowns are from a much earlier period.

> The only problem is we can't find a good home for them.  If you are interested, please contact me and I will be happy to provide a more detailed list.

> Thank you,

> Carrie Snow

> Carrie Snow

> Supervisor Collections Care- Art and Artifacts

> Museum of Church  History and Art

> 45 North West Temple Street

> Salt Lake City, UT 84150

> (801) 240-4619

> (801) 240-5342

> NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without  the  quotes).