Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 20:27:14 -0500
I am writing to request information pertaining to moving and storing
artifacts from historical museums.  I am currently volunteering for a
museum, and was asked to find any information from various museums who
have gone through this possibly turbulent experience.  Any information
revolving around the acquisition of storage materials (archival and
museum quality are going to be expensive, so we are looking more at
"safe" boxes from clothing stores as donations), experience with moving
companies versus renting vans, storage sites versus other "friendly"
museums willing to store materials, packing paper and plastic, etc...  I
would appreciate anyone's comments who has done research on this subject,
or gone through a move or storage of artifacts.  Thank you very much for
your assistance.  If, by chance, I have accidentally sent this to the
wrong listserv (since this is my first time using this), please notify me
so I won't bother anyone again.  Thanks,

Jeffrey Bilderback
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio