From:
Richard Chute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:17:27 -0700
While we are not exactly a science center, for the last two years (and
the summer ahead of us) we have offered a "Musical Evenings in the
Garden" program with some success.  We stay open until sundown on
Thursday evenings in July and August, and offer 1 hour of music in a
courtyard and offer food on-site (normally we do not allow food in the
Garden).

Our audience is comprised mostly of adults and families, and people
really appreciate the opportunity to be in the Garden during the evening
hours since our summer daytime temperatures frequently range from the
high 80s to the low 100s!  Local businesses sponsor each evening, and we
basically break even on revenues/costs.  We see this primarily as an
audience development effort.
--
Richard M. Chute
Director of Development