From:
Angela Steinmetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:43:39 -0700
We are in the process of planning out a new storage facility, and I have priced out everything from compactor costs, storage shelving, carts, and custom made cabinets.  Delta Design makes wonderful custom cabinets and can outfit them for use on compactors.  We generally use Rivitier shelving (available at http://www.jtdindustrial.com/rivetier_shelving_materials.htm) for larger objects, and either custom Delta shelves for our compactors, or other shelving such as Bourroughs.  Rivitier has very sturdy shelving at reasonable prices and can be outfited with melamine shelving.  We have been working with SpaceSaver Concepts on planning the compactor storage, but Montel also has similar systems, and was happy to give me quotes on painting racks customized for our space.  All of the sources listed above have websites, and I have always had prompt replies to my estimate requests.

Angela Steinmetz
Collections Coordinator
Denver Art Museum
100 West 14th Avenue Parkway
Denver, CO 80204-2788
Phone: (720) 865-5023
Fax: (720) 865-5081

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/12/03 08:32AM >>>
Hello All!

Cape Fear Museum is in the first stages of planning a new, state-of-the-art
collections storage building.  My immediate task is to find an estimate for
storage furniture.  Being a general history museum, we have a little of
everything (40,000 objects)--so I'm looking for compact storage with
wardrobe cabinets, shelves and drawers, standard cabinets with shelves,
large 4x8 foot bulk storage shelving, file cabinets, map cases, art hanging
racks, etc; you know the drill.  I would ask those of you who've been
through this process to let me know the square footage of the space
furnished, the type of furniture used and the total cost.

Thanks,

Tim

Timothy S. Bottoms · Registrar · Cape Fear Museum · 814 Market Street ·
Wilmington, NC  28401 · 910.341.4350 x 3011 · 910.341.4037 (fax) ·
NOTICE:  E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to
the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties
by an authorized county official.