From:
Arlene Costanzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:38:39 -0500
April Snyder:
Thank you for your interest in our education program. I am responding to
your questions in the order that you listed them.
1. We charge $36 per guide for a student tour of 11/2 hours; $46 for 2
hours; and $56 for 2 1/2 hours. Ratio is 15 students per guide.
2.  There are no additional fees.
3.  The only discounts occur in situations where there is grant money to
off-set fees.
4.  Last year the total student attendance in tours was 16, 600.
5.  For information about commercial tours, you need to contact Jean
Leidinger at our Visitor Services Center. She makes those arrangements
and has the stats. Her phone number is 630/719-2467.
6.  We have approx. 50 guides who conduct school tours.
7.  Our Registrar's Office takes the calls for school tours; all others
go to the Visitor Center (Jean).
8.  The Registrar's office takes phone calls Mon-Fri from 8 am to 4 pm.
9.  The recorded message on the Registrar's phone says to press "one"
if you are calling to arrange a school tour. At this time, we do not
information about tours on our web site.
10.  We have a Coordinator of School Programs who is responsilbe for
training guides and scheduling schools.  The Registrar assigns guides to
each tour.

Hope this information is helpful. I will mail one of our school tour
brouchures to Ann.

Arlene
Education Dept.