From:
Christopher Maines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 12:54:05 -0500
>Sorry to bother the list with this little problem, but I'm trying to track
>down a museum poster for an exhibit called "the waking dream". The
>Metropolitan poster shop doesn't have any more and the other possibility
>is sthe National Gallery (excuse my ignorance, is that part of the Smith-
>sonian?) Could someone possibly provide the phone nos. or e-mail address
>of the Gallery's book store and/or the Smithsonian's.  I don't work in a
>museum and don't have access to the Museum Directory.

The National Gallery is not part of the Smithsonian, but it is related to it
in the same way that the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and the
Holocaust Museum are.  All four are separate institutions that have been
established by the same act of Congress.

The phone number for the National Gallery's Publications and Sales Office is
(202) 842-6466.

___

Christopher Maines
 Conservation Scientist

  Freer and Sackler Galleries           Tel: (202) 357-4880  x289
  Smithsonian Institution, MRC 707      Fax: (202) 633-9474
  1150 Independence Ave. SW             Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Washington DC 20560                   Bitnet: mainesc@simsc