From:
Vanda Bushfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:50:23 +0000
We are currently in the process of creating an exhibit about the history
of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, and particularly
the Old Capitol Museum.
We have some pictures that we would like to use in our exhibit that date
from around 1920.  They were in a book published by the Department at
that time.  Unfortunately we do not have any negatives or even high copy
qualities of the pictures.  What we do have are "print plates"?  They
are some sort of metal plate with the image on them attached to a wooden
base.  Does anyone know where I can find out more information about this
process?  Also, does anyone know of anyone who might be able to
reproduce this process?  We have spoken with a printing house in town
who has some older equipment that will apparently do the job, at $200
per print.  We have nothing to compare this with, and have had no luck
finding any other source for this printing.  Does anyone at least know
if this might be a reasonable price or not?
Thanks for any assistance.

--
Vanda Bushfield
Assistant Curator of Exhibits