From:
Andrew Harrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:16:08 -0700
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get anyone’s opinion
regarding museum studies programs.  Currently I am
looking into graduate schools that offer some type of
museum studies.  My bachelor’s degree is in
Anthropology/Archaeology and I have an interest in
archaeological collections and curation/research.  I
am trying to decide whether it would be more
beneficial to get a master’s degree in Anthropology
with a concentration in Museum Studies or if it would
be better to get a master’s in Museum Studies with a
concentration in Anthropology.  Does anyone have an
opinion on which option is more marketable to museums
(especially natural history museums) when looking for
jobs?
Also, I was wondering if there are any jobs within
museums that are particularly in demand at this time.
Any information or advice you can give me will be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Andrew Harrington