From:
Lisa Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:38:07 -0700
Please, I would love your ideas...

I am helping a museum/cultural center plan for a teacher resource center.
Can any of you (anywhere in the world) think of museums (or other related
institutions) that have teacher resource centers?  Please if you can,
provide contact information.

Also, I'd love your thoughts on these questions:

* What makes a good, useable teacher resource center?
* What is the environment like (work spaces?)
* What types of materials are provided? (films, kits, posters?)
* What equipment is there? (copying machine, computers, Internet access,
  vcr?)
* Is it staffed?  By who?
* How do you handle lending of materials? (What is the system for checking
  them out?  Is there a charge?)
* Do only teachers use this resource center or is it open to other
  interested parties?
* What hours/days is it open?

Can you also recommend sources for films, curricula, art reproductions,
etc?

Thank you for your help. I will gladly post a summary of the responses to
the list.

Lisa Falk
museum consultant